Everything You Need to Know About the Tesla Powerwall
With the world becoming consistently dependent on the generation and use of electric power as the production of other fuel options steadily declines, it only makes sense to develop reliable alternatives.
Some of the top markets on the planet have been caught up in a race to develop and sell products that will combat the possible shortage of energy and energy resources.
One of the top contenders is electric car maker conglomerate Tesla Motors. The company has produced not one but several products which not only can help generate ample amounts of energy to overcome all the needs, but can also cut back on energy generation costs for a more affordable living. One such product is the Tesla Powerwall.
What Is It?
The Tesla Powerwall is essentially a rechargeable home battery pack. Described as a lithium ion battery with liquid thermal control, the Tesla Powerwall is the ideal storage solution for electricity generated by solar panels to be consumed during the night hours, or in case of an electricity outage.
There are multiple benefits of the Tesla Powerwall. These include the following:
- The Tesla Powerwall is a completely integrated AC battery system which can be used for both commercial and residential purposes.
- It’s highly compatible with existing and upcoming solar systems.
- The Tesla Powerwall has a simplified electrical interface which allows for easy connectivity within any home or building.
- It has a very compact design, allowing greater energy density.
- By using the saved energy, you can save money on electricity bills.
- Both the Tesla Powerwall and the Tesla Powerwall 2.0 are sized appropriately for regular day-to-day usage at home or in a light commercial environment.
- The Powerwall has a dual mounting option for either the wall or the floor.
- The Tesla Powerwall and the Tesla Powerwall 2.0 both run on Tesla’s proprietary tried and tested battery technology that is proven to be safe and economical.
- Maintenance of the battery pack is simple and hazard-free.
- The Powerwall 2.0 offers almost double the energy saving capacity as its predecessor.
- The Tesla Powerwall 2.0 has a staggering 13.5kWh of reusable energy and storage capacity.
- The battery pack also has the capacity to draw excess electricity from the utility grid if it produces any, and store it for use at a later time—especially when the rates are low.
- While initially expensive than traditional battery packs, it’s economical with long term electricity savings.
Things You Should Know
Apart from the basic benefits of installing a Tesla Powerwall ito accompany the Tesla Solar Roof, these are a few other things that a prospective buyer might want to know:
- The first generation Powerwall was introduced and launched in the market a couple of years ago–back in April 2015. Since then, the Tesla Powerwall 2.0–a more revolutionized version of the first one—has made its debut.
- The Powerwall 2.0 starts at a cost of $12,000+ inclusive of GST and installation. This price point is approximately 30 percent that of the traditional battery packs available in the market.
- The Tesla’s guarantee for its product is at least three times that of the lead-acid battery packs.
- There is a 10-year warranty available on Tesla Powerwall battery.
Ready to outfit your home with a Tesla Powerwall? Contact the professionals at Easy Being Green for hassle-free installation. Simply give us a call on 1300 994 929 to get started.